Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Friday, June 09, 2006

We found a pediatrician near our new town, and Emily goes in for a check-up on Monday. We met with her yesterday, and we think she is going to be great for our family. She has a similar style and practice as our beloved pedi back home, which was a relief to find! On Thursday Em has an appointment with a new allergist. We are trying to get her into a pediatric gastroenterologist at the local University, but it could take up to four months to get in. Our former pedi is faxing in her records, so we are praying that Emily can be seen a lot sooner. I was very surprised that the new allergist took her so quickly--I called to get the appointment yesterday! (Hope the same is true at the GI!) This allergist is highly recommended, so I am hoping he can give us some answers. Em's right eye has been swollen since we moved, so I am wondering if she is allergic to something in her new surroundings. We will see, I guess.

We've stopped the trial of Elecare. Emily just never seemed to get better since we introduced it. She can handle 1 scoop every other bottle, but any more than that, her symptoms worsen. Also since we have moved, anything she eats (including the limited veggies she tolerated before) makes her sick. There are so many things it could be--the water in our new place, the move itself, new allergies, teething, so on and so on. She's coughing and gagging again and has diarrhea almost everyday, but thankfully, she is not vomiting.

We've given her several days off of Elecare to settle her tummy, and we are moving on to the trial of Neocate Jr tomorrow. Again, it will be a very slow introduction. If that doesn't work, we will be trying the Canadian Neocate infant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home