Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

We are still waiting on an appointment for a new GI, but Emily's appointment with our new pediatrician went well yesterday. She is now between the 5-10th percentile!

I was reading posts on my Neocate group, and I read about a child who cannot tolerate the emulsifier in yellow label Neocate infant. That just crushed me, as silly as that sounds. No matter which way they turn, the company will be excluding a small population of babies who cannot tolerate one or the other. I had plans of getting all Neocate parents to write in saying that they would give up the "convenience" factor if it meant that other babies could tolerate the formula again. But, now having read about this baby today, I not going to do it. In effect, a change would be beneficial to Emily, but detrimental to this other baby. There is no winning here. Now, our only hope is finding out what is causing all of this and hopefully treating it.

This was a lot to take in this morning, and I haven't even had my coffee to soften the blow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home