Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Time to dust off this old blog

It is hard to believe that it has been more than 2 years since our Neocate days. I would love for this post to be about how Emily's tummy issues have completely resolved and how she is better than ever, but I can't. My heart is so heavy for her and what she is going through. Since the last post, Emily has been diagnosed with autism, epilepsy, and eosinophilic esophagitis. I plan keep track of her days here because my brain goes all mushy when it comes to details these days.

Today was a good day. Emily's preschool class put on a short program in front of the church today. She was such a ham! Sometime during her nap, Emily threw up again, and she has been coughing and gagging for several days. Her nose looks better at least. We increased her Trileptal to 7mls am and pm. So far, no improvement in the number of seizures, but great improvement in her postictal behavior. Tuesday we meet with the new food allergist for patch testing. Em was mildly positive on scratch testing for chicken and barley. I plan to go through this blog to do a timeline of the food/formula trials to show this dr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home