Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Monday, September 11, 2006

The last few weeks have been pretty quiet. Introduction of foods is slow at best. Emily throws food faster than I can catch it, so clean up has been funny and frustrating! She is at a point where she refuses to eat chicken or rice whole, and she spits out the mashed varieties as well. I still have no idea if chicken or rice agree with her because she will not eat them. We have found that she cannot have anything even cooked in oil or processed near corn without having a bloody stool episode.

Sunday she had part of a saltine cracker and developed diarrhea pretty quickly. The allergens that were possibly present were soy and milk. I'm giving her tummy a day between episodes to calm down, so that is why things are extra slow. I'm starting to panic because we will no longer be able to get the old Neocate in about 5 weeks. I still don't know what we are going to do then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home