Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Got the official brush-off from the allergist

The allergist appointment was very discouraging and a huge waste of time. At the onset, he made it clear this was just, "How ya doing?" type of appointment, not a "Hey, we have a problem" type of appointment. I was describing Emily's reactions to JR and to the soy bean oil, and he basically cut me off. He then actually told me, "Sounds like we need to refer her to GI." HE REFERRED US LAST TIME! In fact, he referred us to our current GI who is a good friend of his so they could handle Emily's case TOGETHER!!!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something!

So, Em's symptoms may still be an "allergy" but apparently this is not the type of "allergy" this ALLERGIST handles.

So, I called the GI office to see if they could see her sooner than 2 weeks from now due to the bloody stools, etc. I spoke with the front office, gave them the update, and instead of passing it on to the nurse or dr, she connected me with the appointment person. That person said, "No, we can't see her any sooner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home