Emily's Story

This is the story of our baby, Emily, and how she is coping with Failure-To-Thrive issues.

Name:

My name is Fran, and I am a Mom and homeschooler to three wonderful children. I enjoy spending time with them and my loving husband and spoiled rotten Samoyed pup. I am also a post-graduate student working on Doctorate in Education. I am passionate about Early Intervention Services for special needs children. Early Intervention works!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Updates

Emily has been having long staring seizures for over a week now. Mostly in the car. We've bumped the Trileptal to 7mls AM and PM. With the increase, Emily's postictal behavior has been fine. She returns from the seizure without missing a beat--much better than before the increase. On Tuesday, she had patch testing for food allergies. I'm not sure if it is related (but i think it must be) but her seizure activity increase dramatically. She started having the long stares even at home. When I went to bed that night, I saw that she was having them in her sleep. In the morning, she completely soaked through her diaper. She also had a green runny nose and dark circles under her eyes. She is very unhappy about the patches because she says they hurt. Despite all this, she had a great day yesterday. I did not see any seizures. She is still asleep, but when she gets up I'll check the diaper situation. Speaking of which, Emily went poop in the potty three times yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home